Wednesday, September 10, 2008

old? who's old?

can i be getting old? i mean...when my baby is a sophmore in college....when my sister has been married for 39 years ( and i remember the day)...when i have 3 college graduates...plus 2 in law graduates...when i have 4 grandchildren...and the oldest just went off to preschool!!! does that mean i'm old? how about well preserved...or aging gracefully...what am i? i guess i'm a woman that has lived alot of life...but, and it's a BIG but...(pun not intended)...i'm planning on living a whole lot more...until i'm really, really old...so, i'm just starting on that second phase of growing up...and i'm going to enjoy every minute...

7 comments:

  1. Does it make you feel better that I always think of you as my "young and hip" auntie? (Or does it make you feel worse because I am old too?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Old?!?" What are you talking about!??!

    3 college grads...now THAT is an accomplishment! I guess you can be as "old" as you want to be, and still be Amazing Jolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great perspective, but you my dear are far from old! You're much too sassy for old to be of any relation to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are on the young side of being old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll NEVER age Jo!! With your happy attitude, your ZEST for life, and your wonderful children and grandchildren...(Oh! Maybe we're just a little, "teeny-bit" old!)around you...you'll ALWAYS be the Jo I met 30 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not old. It's so sweet to hear you speak about what is going on around you. I actually feel younger when I'm around you! You will never sound "old" to me.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...