Wednesday, November 19, 2008

we're lucky to be women

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-- Louisa May Alcott

friends
i'm grateful to be a women...i'm grateful to know strong women...i'm grateful to have many women for friends...i've been thinking about this lately...i know so many really cool women...in fact..i know alot more "cool" women than not...it's amazing the stories that are out there...we think that we are living just an ordinary life...but, when you look at it...or read it...they are fantastic!!!
cousins
we are young girls...cute teenagers, beautiful young women...and then fantastic older women...i have a favorite cousin who is out there making her mark...she is making sure that the mormon church has a good name in her community...she has reached out and is doing an amazing job...i'm so proud of her..
old friends
i have a friend who has lived all over the world...she has met so many people, she has shown people in other countries how fantastic women from the usa are...i have many many friends here in california that worked so hard on prop. 8...getting out of their 'comfort' zone, calling people, waving signs, standing up for what they believe...
sistas
i have a daughter and daughter-in-law that are raising darling little children...they are teaching them the most important things to know in this life...i'm proud of them for being such great mothers...i have a younger daughter that has dreams of changing the world...i'm sure she will do it...she has so many talents...watch out world!!!
mom and girls
i have 2 wonderful sisters and 2 great sister-in-laws that i have always learned so much from...they are who i go to when i have a question regarding raising kids, how to make something or whatever....i'm glad they came first, so that i could learn from them...
grandmas
i come from great stock! my aunts, grandmothers were and are fantastic, strong women...they lived through the depression, wars, and taught me through their example..and last but not at all in the least...
cute mom
i'm so grateful for my mom...she was the greatest example in my life...she was such a strong, talented, fun, interesting person...my goal has always to be like her....i'm so grateful for the women in my life...you are all a great example to me...so a great big THANKS to all of you out there...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in your praise for women. I think we rock the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a nice tribute to women..you are a great one as well..so a million thanks to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog...women are the greatest! I am writing a tribute to the women of my ward for Christmas and I am having to cut it in half cause it could go on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I count you as one of the amazing women in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tribute. Thanks for giving me reason to pause and think of the wonderful women in my life too. (including you!) Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...