Tuesday, December 11, 2007

can you laugh at yourself?

laughing gavin


my sister, marty, wrote a great post on optimism, (she also mentioned this columist, and it's a very good column) which got me thinking...who are optimists in my life? as i thought, i thought of many different people...some that have touched my life were: my dad...he was the original, power of positive thinker, tom..he was right up there, always being positive about life...unless the lumber market went south...my sister marty is always there with uplifting advice on practically any subject...so, i can always go to her...i have a friend, lori, that is so outgoing and optimistic...it's always amazing to talk to her...optimism to me means that you are always trying to be positive..i don't think you can always be that way, but, to always be working on it, to see the bright side, the funny side of falling in the mud...to be able to laugh at yourself and go on...i've learned to laugh at myself..i seem to have alot of those spills or falls...i want to be one of those people that brighten anothers day when they see me...so, think of who brightens your day...a person that never, ever gives up...always trying to be that optimistic soul...and then we should all take pointers from them....

2 comments:

  1. This guy could brighten anyone's day! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo..you brighten up my day. whenever i have a bad day..you seem to cheer me up. so a million thank yous.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...