Thursday, December 27, 2007

labor of love

gavin's-"cars" theme
kate's-"flower" theme
owen's-"dinosaur" theme
here is my labor of love for the last month....my friend deb gave me the idea...and of course i didn't act on it for awhile...but, after thanksgiving i got busy...found the fabric...each chosen for that special child...then found the pictures and had them transferred to fabric...then the sewing...had to get it done before kelly k and kate arrived...after sewing for what seemed forever! i got them done....so to my sweet grandbabies...all my love to you...just don't look at all the mistakes...the Amish always add mistakes to things because we aren't perfect..well, these aren't perfect for sure....but, all the love in them should take that away...

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jolyn, that's where you have been. You have been sewing up a storm!!! They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blankets, Jolyn!!! Can't say I'll ever take that project on, but yours are beautiful. What a fun slideshow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is where Kelly gets her craftiness. Lucky lucky grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the quilts...hopefully one day i'll be talented enough to make some! looks like you had a great christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! and so are you for doing them. I still have a quilt that my grandma made me when I was little, so these will be such a treasure! I am glad that Santa brought you what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the quilts. Now we know where Kelly gets it, right? YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed with your work, and sure that the babies will love those blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, you are so cute! Blankies are the best gifts, especially when they're like these! They look wonderful! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jolyn, these quilts are AMAZING! You did a great job!! What a neat gift !!
    You are now a HERITAGE woman!!!
    Superwoman!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...