Monday, February 8, 2010

cool day


we had a great day today....started off early at the pool...where we talked, read, talked, swam around...enjoyed the last full day...in the late afternoon we had some spa treatments...kathie, a facial...alison, a scrub...larene and i decided to go for 'a cooling wrap', which i'll tell you about...first they had us put on these paper little swim suits...we were cracking up...then, we both had to get into this jacuzzi and soak for 15 min....did i mention it was freezing???? it was really cold...hence, the cooling part...then larene left for her room...i stayed in the room we were in, which was an outdoor patio...it had a nice 'cool' breeze coming through...so, i layed down on the table where she put this goopy aloe stuff on me and then wrapped me in a sheet, towels, then plastic...did i mention i'm a bit clausophobic??? anyway...then she proceeded to goop up my face...after doing that, she poured cold, cold water all over me!! i thought i'd die....felt like i was being tortured...i was just trying not to be shaking all over...especially when that nice breeze came through...she painted my face for awhile...then, scrubbed my head, then massaged my feet...that was great...it's funny when you think how great it is that the masseuse has warm hands...i was a little tense because i was afraid she would pour more water on me...luckily, she didn't.....after about 50 minutes of this bliss...she had me go into a warm shower...heaven!! it was hot!!! the rest was a nice massage...larene and i had some good laughs after...when they said it was a 'cooling' wrap, they really meant it!!! so, read the fine print!! tonight we went to a fun mexican restaurant...food was great...then, our waiter started doing magic tricks, with a wine bottle, toothpicks and fork and spoon...then, disappearing tricks with coins...he was pretty good...we then went shopping for food at the megastore...now, everyone's reading their books....tomorrow the girls leave and kelly and her kids are coming for a few more days...so, they are leaving...so sad, but, i get to stay...yea!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. where did you stay cause that was BEAUTIFUL!!!! and lucky YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so much fun!!! Glad that you got a little get away!! Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your cooling wrap sounds that cool. I think I'd have a panic attack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just a bunch of lovely ladies in a lovely place!! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...