Tuesday, October 9, 2007

torture time

tom and marty plotting even then
didn't think those sweet faces had it in them
waiting for me to show up to tease
wishing for a new sister to tease
you'd never know by looking at them, they look so sweet!


i was reading my niece gabi's blog and she mentioned my sister and brother and how they used to tease me...brought back aloooooot of memories...being the youngest in a family of 4 kids made me the obvious target....and they sure did....i think i cried and cried and cried as a kid...to this day when kids are teasing others it sort of "sends" me....but, on the other hand...it made me tough after about 20 years...and then i got a new teaser.....tom! some of the more memorable times were....being told that i had an orange head...it was the back of my head and of course if i looked in a mirror...it would not be there...my brother tom, pointing his finger at me and laughing silently...even when he did it under the table...i knew he what he was doing....and i would cry...then, when we did the dishes, he would whip me with the wet towels...polly had "torture time"....that was when i got to smell her feet for a 100 years....or be tickled for another 100 years..another fun time was when they all wrapped me in alot of different blankets and i had to find my way out...the thing of it is.....i went along with it..i was pretty naive..i know i cried...but, i also let them do it....i think i knew that even though they were teasing, that they loved me...it wasn't malicious....it was what kids seem to do to other kids....we often show our love in a not so loving way...and it seems to be a built in trait....just the other day...gavin was doing something to owen and kelly said, that owen has learned to cry even before gavin does anything to bug him....i know the kids are home when i hear kerry yell "RUSSELLLLL" in a not so happy way....but it is that tortureous love that makes a close in a way that we all seem to love...i used to tell the kids that when they were teased by other kids especially ones of the opposite sex that it was probably because that person liked them.....so hopefully we can all deal with our "torture times" and realize that they are just showing their love for us...(and i know that you guys (m,t, and p) loved me enough to tease)......so, who did you used to tease and torture?

2 comments:

  1. This was torture to read! I can't imagine such insensitive siblings. You must have been a good sport to endure, and then turn out to be so forgiving. They must be mortified to have treated you so cruelly. BTW, did you dye your hair? It has a tint of red...or maybe it's orange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I used to come down there and Kerry was about 5, she didn't like Grampa Giggs, because he teased her. He would always spell her name wrong...on purpose. She hated it, so one time when I was in California I had Kerry call Grampa and tell him it was Kelly, just to tease him and she laughed and laughed cause she got to be the teaser! Also I am glad you get pedicures regularly, it helps when someone wants to smell your feet.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...