Monday, February 18, 2008

blue skies


Gray skies are gonna clear up,

Put on a happy face;

Brush off the clouds and cheer up,

Put on a happy face.


are any of you old enough to remember that song? it's from 'bye, bye, birdie'....well, when things are tough and looking tougher..it's nice to remember something like this...or remember from Pres. Hinckley...as he said...it will all work out....another person i know keeps reminding us of 'baby steps'...taking everything in baby steps....so hopefully things will be better in the morning....

another of my favorite 'blue skies' songs is this by my fav...willie nelson...


Blue skies smilin' at me

Nothin' but blue skies do I see

Bluebirds singin' a song

Nothin' but bluebirds all day long

Never saw the sun shinin' so bright

Never saw things goin' so right

Noticing the days hurrying by

When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days, all of them gone

Nothin' but blue skies from now on

6 comments:

  1. I love blue skies too, but is this post more than just gray skies turning blue? Things are ALWAYS better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just musing that if I ever complain about being hot this summer, then remind me about today! Gray & cold. Please come warm us up summer sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due to the inclement weather, I finally made your homemade Chicken Noodle Soup tonight. I would be lying if I said mine was exactly as I imagined yours would be. Mine was too rushed and didn't turn out so well. All is forgiven because I created my own noodles. The girls are thrilled.

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that was Willie Nelson! I love that song too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, let me clarify...if I had HEARD Willie Nelson sing the song, I would have known it was him. I know the song from the movie Patch Adams--the guy in the hospital sings it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yah, I know that song now. Laurel has sung it in a quartet I think. Willie Nelson? Can't imagine that so much.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...