Thursday, February 7, 2008

what is it about friends?

danece and alison in hawaii what will i do without you this year?


just got back from a evening with some fun friends...one doesn't live near us anymore, so when she's in town, we have to party...their husbands came with us to dinner...and then they were ready to leave...so they left and we stayed...and it's just such a great time...talking, talking, talking...about anything, everything and always our kids...as mothers, wives, women...we need that release...we need to know that everyone has the same fears, dreams and thoughts...it's good to connect...in response to Kel's blog today...yes, blogs are good...they are this day's way of keeping in touch...it used to be letters...long distance phone calls...now, we have internet...we have blogs...it's great...we all need to connect with people that are in the same boat...or have been in that boat..it helps us know that we are normal...we are getting along in the world the best we can and we can have a great time doing it when your friends are standing beside you...i'm lucky to have so many standing beside me...

6 comments:

  1. Yes...I was just thinking how much I need my friends. I'm glad I have so many good people in my real life and cyber life. Sounds like you are a great friend...that's why you have so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the next ward trip to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to put faces to these names. Next time feature your bowling buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled across your blog tonight and thought I'd comment...hope you don't mind.

    It's nice to see a blogger about the same age as myself and one who is experiencing some of the same adventures/challenges as I currently am (such as recently sending a daughter off to college)!

    Your post was about good friends. They are so important and it seems that the older I get, the more I crave those wonderful friendships and tender connections with others. There is definately something to be said about getting older and wiser...you are able to truly value what is important in life and hopefully cherish those times w/family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, friends are wonderful and very necessary. I enjoyed our chat today at lunch and hearing about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! And how much fun it is to visit. With some people, it's like no time has passed at all since the last time you talked to them. That is good mental stress relief!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...