Monday, February 11, 2008

travel swap



i participated in Kelly's travel swap...and in doing so i met a new friend...if you want to read her blog click it...she is a very talented artist and it's been fun to find out about her...for my blog swap she sent me a beautiful picture of 2 nuns walking by a graffitti wall at the sistine chapel..she thought at the time that they were 2 beautiful ladies living "in" the world, but not "of" the world...she painted this picture after observing it in italy...i also received some note cards that she painted...she's very artistic, i tell you...they are of mosques in turkey...that thrills me because we went there last summer...then a cute journal for travels, a little photo wallet...for pics of my grandbabies...and a great book with info on 100 different cities, which will be fun to read...this was all wrapped up in darling map paper, tied with a string and old stamps...so all in all...it was a very fun gift to open...so, thank you so much to my travel swapper...kelley....

2 comments:

  1. oooooh, your swap partner was perfect for you! What great things you received. I sure hope laurel remembered to get hers sent off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked the items I sent you. That was my first swap and I am soooo glad you were my partner! Your darling Kelly was so generous in putting the swap together and I think she was inspired to match us up.Do keep in touch and you have a place to stay whenever you are in Arizona! love, Kelley

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...