Sunday, June 8, 2008

attitude is everything

a little story i heard today:
A lady woke up and had 3 hairs on her head and said "oh good, i'll braid my hair today" and she did and had a great day.
The next day the lady woke up and had 2 hairs on her head and said " oh good, i think i'll part my hair down the middle" and she did and had a great day.
The next day the lady woke up and had one hair on her head and said " i guess i'll wear a ponytail today" and she did and had a great day.
The next day she woke up and was bald and said " i guess i don't have to fix my hair today" so she went on her way and had a great day....
Attitude is everything...how's yours?
(from our mission pres. wife)

8 comments:

  1. I have heard this story before and it's a great "attitude" wake up for sure. It is always easier to find the negative isn't it, but not the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about attitude, dude. There are studies that say that people with a bad attitude have just as many pleasant things happen to them during the day as the people with the good attitudes. The trick is noticing them with gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jo, this made me laugh aloud! thanks for sharing it.. sometimes i feel like there is only a few hairs on my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun thoughts and sharing your testimony about stake conference. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally use this everyday for myself. Not about the hair thing, but waking up is especially hard. So I need to think about having a better attitude in the morning when all my crazy boys are jumping on my bed begging for food at 7:00 AM. Oh yah they've already started fighting, and screaming, and crying. Yup, it's like they woke up and had a couple of Mountain Dews before coming into my room.

    How do I get excited to wake up to that???

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great little story. I copied it and filed it away. I love to keep these kinds of stories on hand. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute story! I need to be more like her.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...