Sunday, June 22, 2008

whew!

it's over! and i think it turned out great...yesterday was a great day...we had a speaker about humaitarian service...then we did our big service project...it was so great..we had so much stuff for the kids to sort, package, they made alot of blankets...everyone was working...it really turned out well..fun to watch all the kids so busy...the next part of the project is to actually get it sent to malawi! then, we had a great testimony meeting...they are really strong kids...so, i'm off to my next adventure! PERU!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. What a boatload of work for the adults, but Youth Conference is just SO important for them. Thank you for doing that.

    I didn't know you were going to Peru! I'm jealous--remember to take photos to post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I say, "Way to go, Youth leaders of Newbury Park!!"

    I'm so grateful that my daughters were part of such a big effort of fun, regrouping, and service.

    My Monica was very talkative about the purpose of the service project. I don't know if I was ever part of something so beneficial when I was a youth. Thanks Jo for your efforts on behalf of my girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are on the go...glad the youth conference was a success. have fun in Peru!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and busy...hope your time in Peru is great, can't wait to see pics when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...