Friday, June 20, 2008

that time of year

it's youth conference! always a fun experience...well, this year instead of chaperoning...i'm in the stake, so i'm 'working' it...not sure if this is as much fun...actually, i'm quite sure it's not....registering everyone was great...heard lots of complaints...hopefully everyone ended up happy...we went to a gymnastics gym tonight...looked like everyone had fun...and on and on...i think the only benefit of being in the stake is that i get to come home and go to bed...well, i better go to sleep now, because we have speakers tomorrow, the park with water games...the dodger game and a dance afterwards..........then, saturday we have our service project which is really exciting...we have been gathering items from all the wards and are sending things to orphanages in malawi...then the testimony meeting...so...onward we go!

9 comments:

  1. Ours is next week. Brad is in the Stake YM and just got home at 12:30AM after an all-night planning meeting. He is so ready to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to call this morning..that's where you are. Jim goes to Yellowstone next week with our youth. It's that time of year! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have your dress all ironed, and your nylons ready for the classes. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo--the word on the street is that the kids are having a great time.

    I'm going to campaign for allowing host families to crash all of your activities. Seriously, I think the Dodger game, with a bunch of fun youth, would be a hoot.

    I'm glad you're getting sleep. The boys at this Host Home are not! ...but I am. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered how it was going! Sounds like a FABULOUS mix of activities going on! Bless you, for 'working it.' These events are SUCH a boost for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Sorry, I don't know what I just did...clicked twice so my comment was there twice, tried to delete it but it doesn't REALLY delete it, it just SAYS I deleted it...sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, it is that time of year again. It's funny because last night I was thinking about all you guys doing YC and was imagining what you might be doing. Sounds like another great youth conference.

    Our Moroni's Quest starts next Friday and I cant wait. It is going to be a once in a life time event.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...