Friday, January 25, 2008

order in the court




well, today i got to fulfill my civic duty by going to jury duty....not really how i wanted to spend the day....i've gone before and usually just sit in the room and read all day...so, it's not too bad...but today, lucky me...i was called up in the first group! so upstairs we went to the courtroom....they dismissed for hardship first...i tried to think of something, but since i'm home alone and don't work, i couldn't get off for that...so, then we sat while they called the first 18 jurists...my name wasn't called...they went through alot of questions...at the end, they dismissed quite a few...so, then they called about 10 more...went through the SAME questions...by then, i had all my answers perfected...after about 4 hours of this they picked the jury and lucky me!!! i wasn't on it! in fact, i never was called up to answer the questions...so, after a day of finding out that the real courtroom is NOT like boston legal(where was denny?) , i was able to go home again....my civic duty done for another year!!!yippee!!

3 comments:

  1. If jury duty could only be like Boston Legal I'd sign up all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just read your profile, I am turning 50 in April and am also an Aries! AND like to be in charge!!! The Pricess Bride is also on my familie's "favorite Smith Cult Movies"! hmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be on Jury duty just to see one of Alan Shore's rants or famous political closing arguments!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...