Monday, April 14, 2008

fireplaces

today when i woke up bright and early (maybe not so bright) i made a looooong list of all the many things i need to do today...then, when i went outside to excercise i saw what an absolutely gorgeous day is was...heard it's going to be really, really hot...and immediately bagged all of the things to do (i'm really good at that) and thought 'i'll lay out today instead....so, after excercising....i was doing some fast little cleanup, so i wouldn't feel to guilty while i was lounging outside...when to my surprise, what showed up? well, to back track....i like to do projects around the house.and yes, my last project of redoing the fireplace in the living is done,
actually since about dec.. this house is ever revolving and changing...(keeps it interesting) and about 3 weeks ago i mentioned to my landscaper that i would like to take out the waterfall that goes into our pool and put a big fireplace there instead..( the waterfall is beautiful, but sounds like Niagra Falls, so i don't turn it on). he' going 'well, it will take some work'....etc.etc...so, i sort of put it in the back of my mind....well...his guys showed up today....ready to demolish!
and they are busily doing just that...
i called oliver and said, 'so i guess we're starting? and he said yes, they drew a plan today! i laughed...but, i have to say....he's so talented that he just usually tells me what they are going to do...it's really not my yard...it's his...so, i know it will look great...so, in the long run....i'm getting what i wanted...but, i had to go to work on my list instead of laying in the sun all day....bummer....

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun project..i can't wait to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just wondering...do you think you can send them up here next to landscape our yard?

    Bummer you can't lay out today.....

    Your fireplace looks great. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just giggle at the thought that you didn't have to stress about any of 'your' details regarding the fireplace. It must only happen in Jolynn's world. I know of no other person so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fireplace looks beautiful. How fun to have one outside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I see the inside fireplace--thanks for posting pictures! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i have all the rocks? they would look lovely in my yard. seriously... tell oliver not to take them all.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...