Saturday, April 5, 2008

the lure of travel




what is it about traveling that i love so much? is it the excitement of planning the trip? is it getting there? is it being there? is it remembering the trip? i think for me, it's all of the above...i love to think about where i want to go next...i love to read travel books, magazines...anything to give me great ideas...hearing about different trips like this or this or this (they were all together, just different versions), or this great trip...just make me want to pack my bags and go....even the traveling there usually has some funny or terrible experience...and then when you're there...the food, the sights, the fun times, it's so fun to remember the fun experiences, to visit with people from other places, i guess what i like is getting out of "my little world" and spreading my wings...so no matter if you're driving your kids to school in utah, traveling to the far east, or just relaxing at the beach...getting away with people you love is the best thing in the world....i just received this beautiful book from this same sister...i loved the pictures in it....and the 'blessing' in it...so if you're only traveling from your chair you can enjoy it all, just the same...

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a great post. Mark, Neal and I are in Kalispell shopping for the house. I know it is not an exotic trip or get away, but something different is always a nice thing. Staying in a hotel with a pool and gym, plus right across the street from TJMax, Target, Ross and HD (for Mark) it is wonderful. Can you tell I live in a remote area of the world where this is little shopping?

    Thanks for the post Jolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling lets me see new places, and when I return home I have new eyes. (I made that up. Don't you think it's profound?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few of my daughters and I are finally going to the rose bowl flea market next weekend, so I'll be in the same state! I know you are still pretty far north, but sometime I would like to actually meet you in person. Wow, I sure do love "travelinoma's" quote, don't you? Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same about traveling, and I also love to hear about other people's trips. Even with the unexpected bumps in plans, it is wonderful to learn and be and see and do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, who is TravelinOma? What a great blog she has!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...