Saturday, April 19, 2008

Who do you want to be when you grow up?

it's taken me
51 years
to know 'who i am'


i bought this little book that is by maria shriver...it was interesting because it is about figuring out 'who' not 'what' you want to be....i saw this quote that went along the same lines:





Create the kind of self you will be happy to live with all your life.





every phase of our lives teaches us new things that shape us...how we put that into our lives is how we become the people we are...


so, who do you want to be? For me...i want to be kind, loving, happy, generous, thoughtful, wise, good, spiritual, fun and the greatest grandma ever...(aren't i already the greatest mom?)
i'll keep working on who i want to be...hopefully, it will take my whole life...




give it some thought, what kind of person are you creating?

6 comments:

  1. love this post. maybe i'll have to go get that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post...Maria should thank you for helping her sell her book! Off to Borders I go... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Maria Shriver on Oprah this week talking about her book. It was really interesting and I've been thinking about it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this book on Oprah last week and Ive been wanting to go get it ever since. Im glad to see that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be patient. How long does that take??!?!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...