Wednesday, September 5, 2007

to modern mod


marty and me
marty 1962..a fashion queen even then
tom, polly, jo, and marty about 1965?
marty and dee's wedding
jo, mom, polly, and mod

today is my sister marty's birthday...have a wonderful day and year marty...we always called her mod...she is the best sister a girl can have...i'm lucky that she is just a little older so i have always called her for advice on my babies, then my kids, then my teenagers, now my 20 somethings...and now my grandchildren....marty has always led the way...and she does it in great style....aren't i lucky? so thanks for being my big sister...for always being there for me...for your words of wisdom...for the fun times we've had...for never letting me forget that i washed your madame alexander dolls in lotion.......(i was 3)....and like i say...i'll never forget....love you...

7 comments:

  1. happy birthday marty! i love seeing all the old pics... lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these pictures, too. Clearly, she has always been a fashionista. Love her. Great tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the pictures! We had fun growing up together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the clothes in those pictures were my own. I remember robbing Polly's closet for the important days of my life, and then sometimes hanging on to them for a few years in case something else needed a special outfit. Actually, the multi colored sweater was knit by me. I was a bit crafty back in the day. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mom and that she came with such cute sisters. You three have always been there for one another and it's been a great example for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sisters are the best - whether by blood or in-laws. I loved seeing the old photos. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it Marty and Polly with the clothes? I happen to know that Jolynn is always stylin!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for making my day with your thoughts...